In case you missed it, we kicked off our webcast series at EHRintelligence.com. Our first presentation feature John Campbell, CHCIO, of the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network. The Spaulding CIO discussed best practices for implementing health information technology (IT) systems.
Because system implementations are cyclical in nature, health IT professionals cannot afford to overlook the many factors influencing their outcome. Whether a hospital implementing electronic health record (EHR), computerized physician order entry (CPOE), or electronic medication administration record (eMAR), Campbell reminded the audience that the process of launching any system requires significant collaboration and coordination. Within the changing landscape of health IT — meaningful use, accountable care organizations (ACOs), etc. — sponsorship of the project at all levels of the organization is key to its success and sustainability.
The complete webcast is able to view here. And stay tuned to EHRintelligence.com as we get set to announce our next featured speaker in late October.
• Adult CQMs: Clinical quality measures in Stage 2 Meaningful Use
• Pediatric CQMs: Clinical quality measures in Stage 2 Meaningful Use
• Making EHR personal for providers and patients
• CHIME CIOs still concerned about staff shortages
• Stage 1 Meaningful Use full payment deadline coming soon